General

Reflections

After 121 days straight of being stuck behind a monitor I think I have started to evolve into an Uber-Morlock (the time machine).  My back has developed a distinct hunch, my skin has a hue slightly whiter than milk, and my eyes can only handle the gentle glare of artificial light. On the upside I just beat my personal record for fastest left clicks per second at a whopping 38 clicks per second. During this personal reflection I have not only realized that my hygiene has severely deteriorated over the past semester but also that we as the current Empowerhouse studio have only been working on this project for a fraction of its development.

Our studio of twelve joined the project this past spring semester and we are very fortunate to be involved with a project as complex and rewarding as the Empowerhouse. The project involves over eighty individuals and has been in progress for two school years now. If you are in the New York City area you should stop by 66 fifth avenue tonight to catch a glimpse of the collaborative nature of the Empowerhouse.We will take a look at the work done by Parsons The New School for Design (Architecture, Interior Design, Product Design, Design Technology, and Fashion), Stevens Institute of Technology, and Milano The New School for Management and Urban Policy. Also keep this Saturday May 21 open as we unveil our one inch scale model of the Solar Decathlon Empowerhouse at the Parsons 2011 Block Party.

This entry was posted in General. Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post.
Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.