Construction General

Mealtime: Conspiracy or Bold Strategy?

So the Empowerhouse team has been very fortunate as we have a generous sponsor who has elected to provide us with breakfast and lunch most of the week.  This is, to put it concisely, awesome.  I have however noticed the high prevalence of sugary food amongst the delicious spread each meal time, especially the typical lunchtime tray of cookies.  Now me being the highly paranoid and cautious type has been wondering what kind of dark and evil things are a foot here.  Sure it’s great and very tempting, but we are building a house, a very physical endeavor that requires strength and sustained energy.   So why does it seem like we are being set up for sugar induced comas.  I have three possible theories.

Theory 1: Sabotage.  While this is a highly paranoid theory and mildly farfetched, we do have a lot of instate/area competition.  The idea of slowing down the competition through seemingly benevolent gestures is an age old play going back to the Trojan horse.  I would elaborate more on this but I’ll keep this theory in the ludicrous pile.

Theory 2: Controlling Conspiracy.  I’m not above thinking that this could be a highly engineered play at keeping the masses docile and controllable.  There are a lot of us on this project, and together we can create quite the unruly crowd.   This one I’ll label as plausible.

Theory 3:  Insane Energy Strategy.  This could be really going out on a limb but the high presence of sugar could be a build strategy put into play by the higher ups.  Presented with a truncated time table (summer) on a small project (about 850 sqft) with a sizable work force (there are at least 25 of us) they might be wondering how to put us all to good use.  Not all of us can be building at the same time; there is simply not enough room.  A potential answer could be to work in shifts doing highly concentrated and short amount of work capitalizing on precisely timed sugar rushes.  Think about it.  25 people armed with caffeine, SUGAR and adrenaline.   It’s possible.

Most likely (almost absolutely) all my theories are the processes of 6 years of architectural schooling and sleep deprivation which would mean they are at least plausible but definitely nowhere near probable.  But to be honest, even if one of these scenarios is true, we are still getting free food which is as I put it earlier, awesome.

This entry was posted in Construction, General and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post.
Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.