Team Members

John Stinar

School & Area of Study Milano, The New School for Management and Urban Policy || Organizational Change Management

Involvement in the Project I have been with the project from the first course offered in the fall of 2009 when the New School and Stevens Institute submitted a proposal for the 2011 Solar Decathlon.  Most of my involvement in the project has been securing and working with our community partners.  One of my favorite memories was traveling to Washington D.C. in January 2010 with faculty members Laura Briggs and Alison Mears to meet with Habitat for Humanity of D.C. and the Washington D.C. Department of Housing and Community Development, Property Acquisition and Disposition Department.  These initial meetings in early 2010 produced our partnership with these two organizations which has allowed our team to make a real home for a D.C. family. 

Contribution to the Project I started the project as a student and transitioned into a part time faculty role after graduating with my masters degree.  The major contributions from the Milano Sustainable Urban Communities Course includes working with our community, governmental and non-profit partners to explore how to leverage the Solar Decathlon project into more sustainable homes in Washington D.C.

Interesting Fact I was raised on a dairy farm in Colorado.

Event More Interesting Fact I moved to New York City after completing my undergraduate degree in mechanical engineering.  Being involved in this project has been great as I am able to leverage my engineering background.

Loves Most About the Sun That is keeps us all alive.

This entry was posted in Public Engagement, Team Members. Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post.
Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.